Call for Papers - Cardiac Transplantation
As we approach the 50th anniversary of the first human heart transplant, JACC: Heart Failure is honoring this milestone with a special issue focused on the topic of cardiac transplantation. In line with the journal’s commitment to the topic of advanced heart failure and the role of multi-disciplinary teams in the management and care delivery, this uniquely themed issue will highlight the role of this important therapy, as well as the care of patients pre- and post-transplant.
Topics spanning this theme will be considered, including surgical outcomes, surgical complications, mechanical support used as bridge therapy, immunosuppression and rejection, donor selection and management, intra- and early post-operative management, recipient selection, transplant listing status, primary graft dysfunction, cardiac allograft vasculopathy, post-transplant rejection monitoring including the role of biomarkers, and other relevant issues.
How will this process work?
- Journal editors welcome papers addressing the broad topic of “Cardiac Transplantation” – these can be in the form of original research, clinical trials, meta-analysis, or position statements from societies or advocacy groups. Other formats will be considered if sufficiently rigorous and impactful.
- Manuscripts will be processed under a special “rapid peer-review and decision process.”
- Interested authors should see author instructions and submit their papers via http://www.jaccsubmit-heartfailure.org on or before July 28, 2017. On the submissions page, please select “Cardiac Transplantation” from the “Special Issues” pull-down menu.
- Final publication is planned for the December 2017 issue of JACC: Heart Failure.
- Accepted papers will also be immediately displayed on the JACC: Heart Failure website in an “online before print” format.
For general inquiries, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.